Sunday 17 October 2010

Aura magazine cover shoot with Sridevi and Jackie Shroff: Famous Fan

Cover of Aura magazine (sadly the magazine closed in the 90s), an exclusive shoot with Sridevi and Jackie Shroff by Rakesh Shreshta - who was a favourite of both. 

Jackie Shroff quotes about Sridevi over the years below;

Jackie Shroff: "Sridevi was like a goddess. I think she was divine."
-- Cine Blitz, Dec, 1999  


Jackie Shroff: "I find Sridevi a very reserved person and like most professional artists, she never wastes her time. In-between shots she is either doing her make up or thinking about how to do the next shot. I think it is a good practice. I feel all the other actresses should follow her example instead of sitting idle or gossiping. Somehow after Karma I haven't been paired with her, maybe because my producers cannot afford her."
-- Showtime, Aug, 1992

Jackie Shroff: "Was always in awe of her. Used to be sitting in some corner with her mom or sister, but in front of the camera it was fireworks."
-- Pinkvilla, Feb 2018

The outtakes from this shoot were later published in several other magazines including Stardust, MOVIE magazine and other Indian tabloids. The fringed look, the coloured wig, Sridevi was always up to experiment for a different shoot and styling. 






Update:

Jackie Shroff ✔ @bindasbhidu Deeply saddened and shocked to hear about the untimely demise of #Sridevi ji.. my condolences to the family. R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment